Available informationWelcome to our automated information service. Please select an area of information from the list below.
Local Council Tax Support Scheme
- LCTS Information - What the Local Council Tax Support Scheme does
- What Is Council Tax? - What Is Council Tax?
- Who has to pay Council Tax? - Information on who has to pay Council Tax
- How will the changes to Council Tax Benefit affect me? - How the changes to Council Tax Benefit may affect you
- Will I need to apply for this reduction? - Information on who needs to re-apply
- How much will I have to pay? - Information on how much you will need to pay
- How Do I Pay? - How you can pay
- Where Do I Pay? - Information on the ways of paying
- When Do I Pay? - When you need to pay
- What If I Can't Pay? - Advice on what to do if you can't pay
- Payment By Credit/Debit Card - How to pay by credit or debit card.
- Payments by Direct Debit - How to set up a direct debit.
- Other Methods of Payments - Other convenient ways of making payments.
- Difficulty Making A Payment - How to contact us if you are having difficulty making a payment.
- Missing Payments - Payments are missing from your balance.
- Valuation Bands & Council Tax Charges - 2013/2014 charges by Council Tax Band
- Empty and Second Homes - Information regarding new changes from 1 April 2013.
- Exempt Dwellings - Information regarding dwellings exempt from Council Tax
- Change of Circumstances - What to do if their is a change to your circumstances
- Explanation of your bill - How to get a complete explanation of your bill.
- Advice on Filling Out a Form - How to get advice on filling out a council form.
- Bill Incorrect - How to contact us if you have received an incorrect bill.
Council Tax - Discounts & Exemptions
- Discounts - Information about discounts including single person discounts
- Discount and exemption reviews - How we review your entitlement to discount or exemption
- People with Disabilities - Information for people with disabilities.
- Student Reductions - Circumstances for student reductions.
- Student Exemption - Change of Circumstance - Students that need to report a change of circumstances.
- Student Exemption - Leaving Your Course Early - Students leaving a course early.
- Student Exemption - Late Application - What you must do there is a delay in your student exemption application.
Council Tax - Moving Property
- Buying a Property in the Area - What you need to tell us about buying a property in the area.
- Landlords - Tenant moving in. - What you need to tell us if you are a landlord and your tenant is moving in.
- Landlords - Tenant moving out. - What you need to tell us if you are a landlord and your tenant is moving out.
- Moving Into the Area - Buying a Property - What you need to tell us if you are moving into the area and buying a property.
- Moving Into the Area - Renting a Property - What you need to tell us if you are moving into the area and renting a property.
- Moving Out of the Area - Renting a property - What you need to tell us if you are moving out of the area and are currently renting a property.
- Moving Out of the Area - Selling your property - What you need to tell us if you are moving out of the area and selling your property.
- Moving within the area - Currently renting. - What you need to tell us if you are moving within the area and currently renting the property.
- Moving within the area - Selling your property. - What you need to tell us if you are moving within the area and selling your property.
- How to claim Housing and Local Council Tax Support - Information about how to make a claim and access to the on-line benefits calculator.
- Local Council Tax Support Scheme - Information on the scheme that replaces Council Tax Benefit
- Payment of Housing Benefit, Local Council Tax Support and Free School Meals - Information about how Benefits are usually paid.
- Information Sharing - What to do if you want us to share information with your landlord or someone acting on your behalf.
- Benefit Fraud - What to do if you suspect Benefit Fraud.
- Checking the progress of your claim - Information on how to check the progress of your claim.
- Benefit Decision Notice - Explanation of your Housing/Council Tax Benefit decision notice.
- Change in Household - Someone has moved into or out of your property.
- Change in Income - What to do if your household income changes.
- Change in Savings - What to do if your savings change.
- Arrears of Rent/Payment to Landlord - What to do if there are rent arrears.
- Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs) - Information regarding Discretionary Housing Payments
- Disagree with Decision - How to contact us if you have received a decision you disagree with.
- For Further Advice - A list of independent agencies that can offer advice and guidance.
- Change of Circumstances - How to inform us if you have a change of circumstances
- Welfare Reform - Information on Welfare Reform
- Local Housing Allowance Rates - Information on LHA rates from April 2013
- Local Welfare Support - Information on Local Welfare Support
Business Rates (NNDR)
- Charitable Rate Relief - Information Rate reductions for charities
- Empty Property Legislation - Information on Empty Property Legislation
- Change in Circumstances - Contacting us if you move or have a Change of Circumstances.
- Rateable Values - Information on rateable values.
- Small Business Rate Relief - Informartion regarding rate relief for small businesses
- Transitional Arrangements - Help to phase in the effects of changes to rateable values.
- Reminder Notice - Information regarding receiving a Reminder Notice.
- Final Notice - Information regarding receiving a Final Notice.
- Summons - Information regarding receiving a Summons.
- Liability Order Notice - Information regarding receiving a Liability Order Notice.
- Committal Notice - What to do if you have received a Committal Notice
- Contact Us - Enquiry form - If you are unable to find the information you require, you can use this form to ask us a question directly